2022 New Tips To Cheaper Car Insurance
1. Buy from an online broker.Most companies offer a discount for online applications as this is automated process and costs them a lot less to process your application, you can usually see discounts of 5% -10%. Click here to get a instant online insurance quote
2. Shop around.All insurance companies use different formulas to calculate your insurance premium by adding or detracting money after each question the ask you.By shopping around you could find big savings on your insurance premium.
3. Buy extra products.Most insurance companies also do other insurance products IE”Building’s and content’s insurance”. Most insurance companies will give extra discounts for purchasing more than one product, by doing this you could save a fair amount on all your insurance premiums.
4. Pay your insurance premium in one go.By paying your insurance premium in full you can avoid paying costly interest charges that would be added if you paid your insurance premium by installments.Some insurance companies may charge as much as 15% APR on installments.You may even receive a discount for paying in full.If you can not afford to pay in full check out what rate a small loan would be you may still save some money.Fill out a online loan application.
5. Increase your deductible.Your deductible is the amount paid by you in the event of a claim, by increasing this your insurance company should reduce your premium.
6. Lower your annual mileage.Lowering your annual mileage can reduce your premium, most insurance companies will quote you for around 12,000 miles a year.Try and work out how many mile’s you will do if it’s likely to be less you may get a discount.Be honest about this as your insurance company may ask to see old MOT’S and service history to verify your mileage in the event of a accident.
7. Have a Alarm, Immobilizer or Tracker fitted.Theft of and from your vehicle play a major role in the calculation of your insurance premium.Having a alarm or immobilizer fitted will give you a small discount to your premium and having a tracker fitted could make you quite a saving.
8. Take the advanced driving test.Passing your advanced driving test will show your insurance company that you have extra skill when driving and are less likely to be involved in a accident.
9. Don’t inflate the value of your car.Adding extra value to your car when you apply for your insurance quote will do nothing for you apart from increase you premium.In the event your car is stolen or written off you will only be paid the market value of your car at the time of your accident.
10. Look after your credit rating.Insurance companies are now looking at your credit score as part of the calculation for your insurance premium.Maintaining a good credit rating could avoid unnecessary additions to your premium.
11. Insure your car Third Party Only.Third party only is the minimum cover you are required to have by law it’s also the cheapest.If your vehicle is of a low value then you could consider this type of cover.You need to remember that with this type of cover if you was to have a accident that any damage to your vehicle would not be covered for repair.
12. Keep a clean license Insurance companies take driving convictions very seriously and can dramatically increase your car insurance premium, by maintaining a clean license proves to the insurance you are a safe and careful driver.
13. Remove any unnecessary drivers.If you have a young driver on your insurance policy that no longer use’s the vehicle you should remove them as this will reduce your premium.
14. Young driver’s add a older driver.Some insurance companies will reduce young drivers premiums if they have a older named driver on the insurance.
15. Build up your no-claims discount One of the biggest factors affecting your car insurance premium is the number of years no-claim’s discount.You could receive up to 75% discount for around 5 years of no claims.The more years you can stay claim free the safer driver your insurance company will see you as.
16. Protect your no-claims discount.Although this will increase your insurance premium if you have a lot of years of no-claims you may want to protect this as a small claim may increase your premium by up to 75%.
17. Buy a lower insurance group car.A very important factor to your insurance premium is what car you drive.Most insurance companies adopt the Association Of British Insurance Group Rating.This rates vehicle’s from 1 – 20 generally speaking the higher the group the higher the premium.By buying a car with a lower group rating can lower your premium especially for young or inexperienced drivers.
18. Join a car club.like AAA.If your vehicle is a classic or specialist consider joining a club related to your car most clubs offer insurance schemes which have very good premium rates.
19. Put your spouse as a named driver.Some insurance companies offer discounts when you add a spouse as a named driver as opposed to unmarried couples, they see marriage as a sign of stability and associate stability with safe driving and there for give you a discount.
20. Take Defensive Driving School.If you are a new driver consider taking your pass plus.some insurance companies could give you as much as a 25% discount and when you have just passed your test and have no no-claims this could make a considerable saving.